If you're in pursuit of some free knowledge to better your communication skills, enhance your multimedia repertoire and give yourself an edge for the contest, here are some free online workshops to help you win the competition!
- What makes a good story?
- How do you use a camera to make compelling shots?
- What are the different types of shots that directors use?
- Plus: Where can I learn more about cinematography on my own?
- How do you use Adobe Premiere Pro to quickly capture and edit your footage?
- What role does the editor play in the story telling?
- How can you fix last minute mistakes?
- Plus: Where can I learn more about Premiere Pro or Final Cut on my own?
How To Win the McMaster 24 Hour Film challenge
(some information in the video is outdated, but the general concepts are still valid)
- What does it take to win a 24 hour film challenge?
- How do you prepare your team, equipment and resources?
- What should you do on the day of the event?
- How to deal with last minute problems.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: 00:00
- How Submissions are Judged: 01:36
- How you should spend your time: 03:20
- How to organize your team: 04:35
- What forms do you need to fill out: 06:52
- Spending your time optimally: 09:48
- Acceptable file formats to submit your film: 18:53
- Hot tips for teams, planning, and production: 20:21